Transportation and accommodation
Visitors from a few countries need a Visa to enter Finland. Please, check if your country is among those: www.migri.fi
By air you will arrive at Helsinki Vantaa airport. Airport has good public transportation facilities to Helsinki city. For example, two bus companies, Finnair bus and bus No. 615 have regular and fast connections to Helsinki. The busses arrive at the central railway station of Helsinki (see the map for starting platforms and railway station).
All participants reserve and pay their accommodation themselves. We have asked special offers for the colloquium participants for the period from 31 May to 5 June (in some hotels until 6 or 7 June). Please reserve your room directly from the hotel.
The following hotels are near the Finnish Museum of Natural History, except CheapSleep Helsinki Hostel from which you can easily travel to the city center by tram. The hotels in the list are in the order beginning from the cheapest ones.
- Hostel Domus Academica (Hietaniemenkatu 14)
CheapSleep Helsinki – Hostel (Sturenkatu 27)
- Hotel Finn (Kalevankatu 3 b) This hotel gives a 10 % discount for ICAS7 participants when you give the promotional code: ICAS10.
- Omena hotels (Yrjönkatu 30 and Lönnrotinkatu 13) These hotels give a 10 % discount for ICAS7 participants when you give the code: ICAS7. (NB Change the language from Finnish to English from the dropdown menu on the upper right corner (“Kieli”)).
The following four hotels are 4-star hotels and give an offer to ICAS7 participants. If you are reserving accommodation in these hotels, to get the reduced price, give the code.
- Sokos Hotel Presidentti (Eteläinen Rautatiekatu 4) the reservation code: BSQUIRREL
- Sokos Hotel Vaakuna (Asema-aukio 2) the reservation code: BSQUIRREL_001
- Solo Sokos Hotel Torni (Yrjönkatu 26) the reservation code: BSQUIRREL_002
- Scandic Marski (Mannerheimintie 10) the reservation code: HKI010615
In addition, there is a special lodging opportunity at Töölön Tornit Unihome Hotel (Töölö Towers, Eteläinen Hesperiankatu 4) This hotel of the University of Helsinki has a fixed price 329 € for the period of 4–7 nights, including breakfast. ICAS7 has a reservation of 20 single rooms. This hotel is a good alternative to those who want to stay in Helsinki a couple of days longer than the colloquium. If you want to reserve this accommodation, please contact us. Direct reservation is not possible.
Most hotels have a free cancellation policy.