The effects of the coronavirus situation at the Luomus public attractions
Page updated 18.1.2022.
The public attractions of the Finnish Museum of Natural History Luomus are open normally. Luomus follows the University of Helsinki's guidelines regarding the coronavirus situation.
COVID-19 certificate is required to enter Luomus public attractions (over 16-year-olds). You can read more about the COVID-19 certificate here. We also follow the corona restrictions set by the Regional State Administrative Agency.
- The free entrance days are canceled until further notice.
- You will find more information about venue hirings and photography permits here.
- Further information about the coronavirus situation at the University of Helsinki.
Special arrangements and new guidelines for visitors
You are welcome to visit Luomus as long as you are healthy and symptom-free! We recommend over 12-year-olds to wear protective face masks when visiting the public attractions of Luomus. We have imposed restrictions on the number of visitors allowed inside the public attractions of Luomus. Please prepare for possible interruptions in ticket sales. Larger groups may have to queue to enter our public attractions.
Visitors can eat their own packed lunches or snacks on the 4th floor at the Natural History Museum.
Please follow the guidelines below at the public attractions of Luomus:
- Be prepared to show your COVID-19 certificate and ID.
- You are welcome to visit Luomus as long as you are healthy and symptom-free!
- We hope you wear a face mask (recommendation for over 12-year-olds).
- Be mindful of good hand hygiene.
- We prefer card payment.
- Cough and sneeze into your sleeve or a disposable tissue.
- Follow the indicated walking route in the Natural History Museum facilities and the Kaisaniemi glasshouses.
The COVID-19 passport is a EU digital COVID-19 certificate which you can download from Omakanta. The EU COVID-19 certificate contains three different certificates: A certificate of coronavirus vaccination, a certificate of coronavirus test results and a certificate of already having had COVID-19. All three certificates also serve as a COVID-19 passport.
We also accept corona certificates that have been approved when entering the country. This certificate has to show that you have been vaccinated with a vaccine series that is accepted in Finland or that you have recovered from the COVID-19 during the past 6 months.
The COVID-19 certificate is required of over 16-year-olds. Be prepared to show your ID with your COVID-19 certificate.