Changing Nature: Climate Change and Monitoring
Over the course of millions of years, nature has adapted to the changing climate. The current climate change is different from the previous changes, however. This change is occurring at a faster rate. The researchers at Luomus collaborate with other research organisations in research on how different groups of organisms react to the current changing climate and how they have adapted to changes in climate in the past. The Dating Laboratory of Luomus uses its techniques to research the climate of the past and the effects of the current climate change, and how to control it.
- Ex-Situ Conservation of Finnish Native Plant Species | Unit Director Marko Hyvärinen
- Carbon sinks and sources | Laboratory Director Markku Oinonen
- Life and times of the woolly mammoth | Postdoctoral Researcher Laura Arppe
- Changing climate and bird monitoring | Curator Jari Valkama and curator Aleksi Lehikoinen
- Bird ringing | Curator Jari Valkama