The effects of the coronavirus situation at the Luomus public attractions
Page updated 22.2.2021.
The University of Helsinki has made decisions pertaining to the public attractions of the Finnish Museum of Natural History. Thus, the Natural History Museum and the glasshouses in Kaisaniemi Botanic Garden are closed from the 1st of December 2020 to the 31st of March 2021. The outdoor garden in Kaisaniemi will stay open normally.
Glasshouses in Kaisaniemi Botanic Garden. Closed until the 2nd of April 2021.
Natural History Museum. Closed until the 31st of March 2021.
Kumpula Botanic Garden. Closed for the season, will open again in May 2021.
- The free entrance days are canceled until further notice.
- The group size on guided tours at the Natural History Museum is limited to max. 15 persons. For bigger groups (max 30 persons), two 30 min. tours can be arranged. Guided tours at the museum are canceled until 31st of March 2021.
- Unfortunately, we do not organize guided tours in the glasshouses of Kaisaniemi Botanic Garden at the moment.
- Pre-booking is recommended for self-directed group visits to the Natural History Museum and the glasshouses of Kaisaniemi Botanic Garden. Booked visits are canceled until 31st of March 2021.
- You will find more information about venue hirings and photography permits here.
- Further information about the coronavirus situation at the University of Helsinki.
Special arrangements and new guidelines for visitors
You are welcome to visit Luomus as long as you are healthy and symptom-free! We strongly recommend over 12-year-olds to wear protective face masks when visiting the public attractions of Luomus. We have imposed restrictions on the number of visitors allowed inside the public attractions of Luomus. Please prepare for possible interruptions in ticket sales. Unfortunately, tickets cannot be purchased in advance.
We recommend that groups book their visit in advance through our booking page.
For hygiene reasons, items that can be touched and material to be distributed have been removed from the exhibitions of the Natural History Museum. In addition, visitors cannot currently eat their own packed lunches or snacks in the Natural History Museum facilities or the Kaisaniemi Botanic Garden glasshouses. Our cafés are open to visitors at all our public attractions.
Please follow the guidelines below at the public attractions of Luomus:
- You are welcome to visit Luomus as long as you are healthy and symptom-free!
- We hope you wear a face mask (strong recommendation for over 12-year-olds)
- Be mindful of good hand hygiene, and do not touch exhibition items or surfaces unnecessarily.
- Keep a distance of at least two metres from other visitors and staff.
- We prefer card payment.
- Cough and sneeze into your sleeve or a disposable tissue.
- Follow the indicated walking route in the Natural History Museum facilities and the Kaisaniemi glasshouses.