The effects of the coronavirus situation at the Luomus public attractions
Page updated 9.9.2021.
The public attractions of the Finnish Museum of Natural History LUOMUS are now open.
Glasshouses in Kaisaniemi Botanic Garden are open. Please notice our new opening hours. The outdoor garden is open daily from 9 am to 8 pm.
Natural History Museum is open. Please notice our new opening hours.
Kumpula Botanic Garden is open Tue.– Sun. 11 am – 6 pm.
- The free entrance days are canceled until further notice.
- Guided tours at the Natural History Museum can be booked for 1.9.–30.11.
- We organize guided tours in Kaisaniemi Botanic Garden only on saturdays.
- You will find more information about venue hirings and photography permits here.
- At the moment, groups can not pre-book their visit. Thus, larger groups may have to queue to enter our public attractions.
- Due to the restrictions on the number of visitors, it's not possible to prebook visits for groups.
- Further information about the coronavirus situation at the University of Helsinki.
Special arrangements and new guidelines for visitors
You are welcome to visit Luomus as long as you are healthy and symptom-free! We strongly recommend over 12-year-olds to wear protective face masks when visiting the public attractions of Luomus. We have imposed restrictions on the number of visitors allowed inside the public attractions of Luomus. Please prepare for possible interruptions in ticket sales.
For hygiene reasons, items that can be touched and material to be distributed have been removed from the exhibitions of the Natural History Museum. In addition, visitors cannot currently eat their own packed lunches or snacks in the Natural History Museum facilities or the Kaisaniemi Botanic Garden glasshouses. Our cafés are open to visitors at all our public attractions.
Please follow the guidelines below at the public attractions of Luomus:
- You are welcome to visit Luomus as long as you are healthy and symptom-free!
- We hope you wear a face mask (strong recommendation for over 12-year-olds)
- Be mindful of good hand hygiene, and do not touch exhibition items or surfaces unnecessarily.
- We prefer card payment.
- Cough and sneeze into your sleeve or a disposable tissue.
- Follow the indicated walking route in the Natural History Museum facilities and the Kaisaniemi glasshouses.