Humans and Their Environment
During their coexistence, humans and nature have always interacted with each other. Among other research units, Luomus also studies this interaction. The research focuses on the adaptation of different groups of organisms to environmental changes created by humans and the suitability of green roofs, a global megatrend, to Finland. Additionally, the causal relationships of past interactions are investigated by studying the temporal aspects of natural phenomena and cultures. These techniques are also utilized in research on the human impact on the carbon cycle vital for life.
- Population dynamics of vector borne pathogens and ecology of the vectors | Curator Larry Huldén
- Green roofs | University Researcher Susanna Lehvävirta
- Biodiversity informatics | Curator Pedro Cardoso
- Artificial intelligence | Curator Pedro Cardoso
- Birds, environment and human impact | Curator Jari Valkama and curator Aleksi Lehikoinen
Past human interaction with nature | Laboratory Director Markku Oinonen, Postdoctoral Researcher Laura Arppe